Archives: Web Works
ABOUT NEW BALANCE
New Balance is an American shoe & apparel brand as well as one of the world’s major sports footwear manufacturers. Having sponsored global sports teams and athletes such as Liverpool FC, The South African Cricket Team, Aaron Ramsey and Steve Smith, New Balance entered the Indian market with a big expansion strategy to grow its presence across the country.
Being a global brand, relying on the age old heritage and quality products would be a key talking point for when communicating about the brand. Visually, it was imperative to highlight the aesthetics of the product offerings to display their superior quality.
CHALLENGES / PROBLEMS
As a new entrant in the market, the brand was overshadowed by the presence of other global brands who had already created a foothold. The brand recall was limited only to the symbolism of the brand – The ‘N’ on the shoes.
The lower penetration was also supplemented by a not so heavy push through digital marketing activities.
OUR VISION: FULFILLING THE POTENTIAL OF NEW BALANCE
HOWL understood the market and the kind of audience who would subscribe to the brand offerings. Keeping that in mind, we wanted to display the true essence of New Balance and focus on communicating the comfort, quality and value the brand delivers.
Ushering in the New Year with fitness is a regular goal set by many in the country. As New Balance, we wanted people to know that the products offered by the brand would help in meeting these goals.
ABOUT THE CAMPAIGN
Scheduled in the first week of 2018, we encouraged users to take up a ‘fitness resolution’ with New Balance. Through the campaign, HOWL ensured that the audience was motivated throughout and that New Balance products would help meeting their goals.
- 170 Fitness Enthusiasts & Celebrities were activated.
- Each Influencer spoke about a core brand characteristic – Quality, Performance, Comfort, Style, Endurance – through their social handles.
- New Balance India re-posted the influencers on its own handles.
- Each re-post was supported by a link to purchase the product worn by the influencer
- Selected posts were boosted on Facebook and Instagram to increase its reach and attract potential customers.